Monday, May 24, 2010

joining sugardaddy websites...



So I finally took the plunge last week and joined some sugardaddy sites. In the past I have gathered my daddies the old-fashioned way--by stunning them with my beauty in person and exchanging info, and either assenting to their proposal for an arrangement or gently leading them down the path of sugardaddy-dom.
Some gems I even plucked from the dark depths of the dreaded craigslist, cleaned them off, polished them up and let them shine.

Years ago, I had put a profile on www.SugarDaddie.com, I got tons of messages but there is no way to respond without paying for a membership and I wasn't going to do that. I forgot all about it until last week when they sent me a random email and I logged on for the first time in like 3 or 4 years. All the info on my profile needed to be updated badly lol--wrong state of residence, wrong occupation, alot had changed since last I logged on lol. But like I said you can sort of see who is into you but can't send them messages or respond to them on SugarDaddie.com or elsewhere so its pretty pointless unless you get a paid membership so I haven't logged on since.

Next I set up a profile on www.SeekingArrangement.com. I like that it displays sugardaddy budgets and sugarbabe expectations in a very straightforward fashion. I also like that there's a process to "certify" sugardaddies and verify that their income is what they claim. You can also send messages to other users but you're not supposed to exchange contact info (numbers or email addresses) within those messages unless you are a paying member. There is a notice on the site that say all messages are scanned by SeekingArrangement.com staff and if they spot that external contact info in a message you will be banned. Not sure how strict they are about it but I didn't want to test it. Also, whenever you add a pic to your profile it must be approved by them and your whole account goes into "pending" mode. When its pending you can't really do anything because not only is your new pic not posted but you can't respond to any messages left for you. I found approval turnaround time was about a day to a day and a half...pretty long to wait if you're on the prowl.
I've gotten a few hits but reception has been pretty lukewarm on this site

Finally on Sunday I created a profile on www.SugarDaddyForMe.com which I thought would be pretty cheesy given the name but actually found it to be my favorite site so far. As a non-paying user (what they call standard I think), I can't message everyone but here's why that's not a problem on this site-- users who pay for a membership can pay for something called "total access" and that let's them email EVERYONE on the site and receive messages from EVERYONE on the site with no restrictions. non-paying sugarbabies included...

That makes so much sense to me! Because if he's REALLY a sugardaddy this is the membership he would have. He wouldn't expect a sugarbaby to shell out her pennies for a membership to contact him instead he would facilitate the communications. I signed on Sunday afternoon and almost immediately got slammed with tons of messages. Some from regular members with no "total access" which meant I couldn't read their emails (in fact i couldn't even open their email messages --could only see the subject line and username) but also a bunch of emails from "total access" daddies with really specific questions or comments about my profile expectations which showed that they had actually READ my profile information and requests for face to face meets. Looks VERY promising. I'll feel it out for a week or so before scheduling anything.

Another cool part of their setup is that if you get an email from a member with no "total access" and they look interesting, you can send them a "kiss" message asking them to upgrade their membership so you can talk to them. So far there have been 2 guys who contacted me that looked good on paper so I asked them to join with a paid membership so we can chat and they did. I just feel like if they are interested they will join to communicate with you and if they REALLY are sugardaddies then coughing up the measly membership fee for a month won't break them. In fact the fee shouldn't even make them blink.
A third person who I asked to join, sent me the same message, and I sent it back and we were caught up in a little tug of war for about 45min shooting "kiss" messages back and forth:
"you join"
"No, you pay the membership and join"
"You're extremely hot, I have to meet you"
"Contact me!"
"Please upgrade your membership, so we can talk"

LOL! Suffice to say I'm not joining and if 30 bucks a month is an issue for him then he's not the daddy for me and I'll save him the grief lol

Also, daddies can see when you look at their profile.
I like that because you can let them know that you're 'checking them out' but you're not really making the first move and can let them contact you. I just find the interaction more ladylike under these circumstances if I let them initiate contact first.

I mean I am a sugarbabe and I'm quite clear on what my needs are but I'm certainly not or ever will chase after anyone. Its just not my modus operandi. Its not how I do things.

So 3 different sites, 3 very different feedback. On each I posted the exact same profile and the same 2 pics,no changes at all so I don't really get why the reaction is so varied. Maybe the different sites list my profile differently based on whether I am a paid user or I just need to give it time...not quite sure.

Anyone else notice very varied results from the different sugardaddy sites?

What is your favorite or most successful site, why?
Are there any I should join that I haven't?

1 comment:

  1. I think you misunderstood the SA contact info policy. Ok so as an SB you upload pics and fill out profile and then you become a free member. If an SDs profile is blue that means he is not a member (orange is a paying member). If you send an email to a blue SD member he wont even be able to read it. However, when he contacts you aka he must be a paying member then you can exchange contact info. I think the policy is to stop sbs from putting their contact info in the subject line which would allow a non paying SD to contact you. However, if an SD cannot afford the membership then why would you even want him to talk to you right?

    ReplyDelete